Linen is one of the oldest types of clothing materials in the world. You need to have the right clothes while preparing for summer. While we stay safe in the comfort of our own homes, it is best to choose the right material that’s most suited for summers. And while cotton is globally famous for being summer’s best fabric, linen is a much better choice. Not only it’s extremely comfortable, but the natural fiber also manages to keep you cool & dry. Therefore, opting for linen in summer months is wiser and beneficial for you.
Benefits of linen clothing in summers:
- Linen is a breathable, soft, and lightweight material that has a natural ability to absorb moisture. When you wear linen clothing against your skin, you’ll never feel hot or uncomfortable ever again. Linen absorbs your body heat and releases it away from you. This fabric comes from the flax plants found in India and other tropical locations. That is how it handles hot and humid climate conditions so well.
- When linen clothes are woven together, they don’t contribute to the pollution and destruction of the environment. There are no chemicals or additives used on the clothing either. Linen comes directly from the stalks of flax plants. Compared to cotton, flax is a much more sustainable material. It is one of the few types of plants that can grow in poor soil conditions without much water.
- The natural elements of linen make the clothing hypoallergenic. Some people often deal with skin conditions, inflammation or allergies when they wear cotton or unnatural fabrics against their skin. But this won’t happen with linen clothing because its properties are anti-allergic and can destroy pathogenic bacteria. Then you can stay safe and prevent sickness.
- Linen can be used to create more than one type of clothing. Linen is used in several different clothing styles, whether they’re formal outfits or casual outfits. The versatility of linen also makes it quite fashionable. Linen clothes are great for all seasons.
- The number one problem with cotton fabric is that it shrinks when you wash it with hot water. It also wrinkles and attracts lint too easily. Linen, on the other hand, does not shrink in the washing machine, nor does it attract wrinkles and lint. Linen is also known for its strength and resistance to stretching and tears.
To survive, opting for linen in summer months is the best way. It keeps you cool and helps you remain fresh even in the scorching heat.